£35000 - £45000 per annum
9 days ago
Software Delivery Manager - £45,000 - REMOTE - AGILE/SCRUM, Kanban
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented software delivery manager to join a global company, in its specialist industry with over a decade of industry experience. You will be working with the likes of Google, Amazon and more as clients with this business - and their product team has grown to 12 people over the last 6 months, and they now have a successful and talented development team in house which they are really proud of. As a project delivery manager, you will report straight to the Product Director where you will be his "right hand man" and an integral part of the growth of the product team in the next 6 months and beyond.
The product is a platform in the virtual industry, and it is currently being utilised globally by some really "big" names. You will work closely with the Product Director to plan new features, schedule and resource work and plot timelines against the feature roadmap. You will be working as part of the development team to estimate and deliver against the priorities on the roadmap whilst also maintaining the existing platform. You will get to quickly make a difference to a team with a flat-structure - and have much control and total project ownership for full software delivery.
As a project delivery manager, you should have knowledge in both SCRUM and Kanban delivery methods and will have previous experience in delivering projects using these and you will also have a thorough understanding of them. Day to day, you will work as part of the development team.
- You will have proven experience in a similar role.
- Experience managing Developers and Software Engineers using best practice PM tools.
- You will assist and manage internal technical resource and assist in setting expectations with senior stakeholders.
- You will have a pro-active attitude, be flexible and own solving problems.
- You will protect the development team from external pressures.
- You will have frank conversations about delivery expectations and pivot when the roadmap changes.
- You will utilise software management tools such as JIRA - experience in estimation, velocity and reporting in JIRA would be a bonus.
- You will have an appetite to both shape a role and be a key influence in a team to benefit a growing and energetic organisation.
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Prior delivery experience in an agile environment.
- Enthusiastic about creating the opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Experience of working with development teams.
- Experience working across full product development lifecycle.
- Experience of working across different teams with competing priorities at the same time.
- Ability to draw upon a variety of techniques to cultivate high performing teams.
You will be a key driving force in a well-established start-up that's about to go big. It's an exciting time to get on board as they are rapidly expanding on a global platform and you will have the opportunity to "own" this role, potentially grow into a team lead and more! The company have a clear product roadmap and vision for the next couple of years - they know where they are heading as a business. It is their dedication to these high standards which has created the professional and conscientious environment and supportive culture you can be sure to be proud of. There is a real focus on continuous improvement from your career to the day-to-day job to how they can help YOU.
The benefits include the following:
- Fully remote role - team meet up every quarter.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- 3 days closure over Christmas
- Pension contribution
- Continual learning and development
Software Delivery Manager - REMOTE - AGILE/SCRUM, Kanban
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.