Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£28000 - £35000 per annum + Health, Pension, Parking
10 months ago
Project Manager - Agile / Digital / SaaS
Oscar Technology are partnering with a SME digital technology firm that are looking to hire their first Project Manager.
They are looking for someone that can come in and establish formalised project management practices, provide an interface between their clients and the development team, and help prioritise workloads.
Initially the role will involve understanding how projects have been prioritised and managed previously, and then helping to quickly (and diplomatically!) establish a structured way forward.
This would suit someone that has something like a digital marketing agency or an SME technology firm, where you've been involved in client management, have a strong grasp of software development so that you can help challenge requirements and also help establish SLA's with clients.
Differing projects will require different approaches, so at this stage the role requires people that recognise this and are not too hung-up on a certain way of doing things (this won't be a pure Agile mecca for example)
Longer term, there is scope for the role to pivot over to a Product Manager role since the client develop a SaaS product and will require someone to help develop & manage a product roadmap. However as the firm grows, it's it likely this position will blossom into establishing a wider Project Management function so would need people that love to learn and are inclined to constantly refine and improve their project management practices.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a digital / software focused firm.
- Experience with differing project management approaches like Agile (Scrum, Kanban), Prince 2, etc.
- Experience with client facing work, including user stories, setting SLA's and just generally managing relationships.
- Experience of setting up PM tools like JIRA, Trello, etc and getting buy-in from technical teams in their up-keep.
- Managing project budgets.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment where priorities may alter.
- A human touch - the ability to influence colleagues and clients a-like
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible core hours (post Covid)
- Health Insurance
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.