Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + additional Benefits
3 months ago
QA Project Lead - Wakefield - 3 + year's exp, Games Project lead experience , QA experience
Are you a experienced Computer games QA Project Lead with over 3 years experience? Well then I can guarantee the role below will not disappoint.
This unique and forward thinking company in Wakefield are offering the chance for you to join a technology driven Testing team with a lot of opportunities for growth, working alongside a talented and experienced teams of testers and management.
Established over 20 years ago, this company has moved from strength to strength with over 80 market leading products being created and released and a team which had tripled in size. This company is known for being one of the best places to work, with very team member being valued and supported and management making sure every day in the office is as enjoyable as possible for the whole team!
Utilising the latest technologies in the gaming industry this company is tech focused as well as employee focused and this role is genuinely unique.
The company is busier than ever, working on an array of successful and interesting new game IPs. They are expanding rapidly - With each year breaking records and leading the market! This team are currently looking for an experienced QA Project Lead to join their expanding team whose main responsibility is to ensure that the entire QA process is planned and organised to a very high standard, from the beginning of a project, up until launch.
The team's main strength? They are always encourage development and openly offer opportunities for training, conferences and other exercises to continuously broaden your skills.
As Project Lead you will cover a multitude of responsibilities;
- Implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with all teams
- Defining project requirements and deliverables based on scope
- Planning coverage for projects from initiation through closing states
- Creating test coverage documentation, test execution plans, and metrics reports
- Managing QA Test Leads and QA Testers
- Providing mentoring and career development support to assigned mentees
- Establishing effective working relationships within the department and project team
- Contributing directly to performance evaluation of assigned individuals
- Maintaining projects within defined schedules and established budgets
- Maintaining regular communication with stakeholders
- Creating weekly status reports and other reports as needed
- Managing project activities and providing status updates to key stakeholders
- Managing task-related processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Managing project deliverables to be completed on time and within quality standards
- Ensuring project metric expectations are being achieved
- Monitoring capacity planning for assigned project
- Responsibility for adherence to set budgetary limits.
- Ensuring development time estimates and basic cost information is collected
- 3+ years' experience within a computer game developer / studio environment.
- Shipped a minimum of one game as the lead QA from early development to release.
- Excellent ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams.
- Confidently be able hold discussions and meetings.
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff and monitoring their progress on a daily basis.
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving whilst maintaining a high working standard as an example to the QA Team.
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit
- Clarify and escalate relevant issues where you feel the severity is misunderstood
We offer a supportive and well-equipped working environment with competitive salaries and avenues to progress your career. There are plenty of benefits and flexibility to working with us at Team17… So, if the above role appears to match your skills and aspirations don't hesitate to get in touch!
QA Project Lead - Wakefield - 3 + year's exp, Games Project lead experience, QA experience
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.