£550 - £551 per annum
about 1 month ago
Security Engineer - Email Routing - FULLY REMOTE
Global Email Routing and Security Engineering is looking for an experienced engineer to assist the engineering team. Responsibilities include the support of LINUX/UNIX-based and windows-based components of the email infrastructure. Primarily responsible for assisting engineering team members with projects including client interactions to help facilitate enforcement of standards and email security. This role will contribute to product/service design, development, and implementation deliverables, to include assessment and optimization of systems and review of requirements.
The selected candidate would become part of the Email Routing and Security engineering team with a focus on projects and risk management.
- Strong OS background with Linux and Windows systems
- Knowledge of email focused DLP polices and enterprise systems
- Strong scripting/development skills with Python, Perl, Shell, Powershell
- Experience with email authentication solutions including SPF, DKIM, DMARC
- Experience with SMTP Email relaying and routing
- Experience with network security components including load balancers and firewalls
- Experience with Email Hygiene systems, including Anti-spam, Antivirus, Malware Prevention, and Data Loss Prevention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to shift and pivot with changing responsibilities
- Proven experience in problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution
- Executes processes in support of the IT infrastructure and resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of a business within required SLAs.
- Manage and support Email Routing infrastructure applications on a day to day basis.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots Applications within the Email Routing Infrastructure.
- Assists engineering team members with tasks as directed including
- Focus on process improvements contributing towards increasing operational excellence
- Facilitates the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization, and initiation of action
- Generation of project artifacts
- Collaborates effectively with their Architecture/Engineering peers for new initiative solution planning, testing/validation, complex troubleshooting, and problem resolution
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.