New York, USA
US$160000 - US$225000 per annum + Paid insurance, 100% 401K match, 20+ PTO
about 2 months ago
Sr. Analyst (Workday Financials)
Hybrid (3 Days per Week in Office / 2 Days per Week Working from Home)
Manhattan, NYC Office
Base Salary Range: $125K - $165K
Total Compensation Range: $160K - $225K
Key Perks: Company-paid insurance, 100% 401(K) match, 20 days PTO (plus another week off in August)
We are a leading global growth equity firm with more than four decades of experience providing capital and strategic support for over 445 growth companies throughout our history. Established in 1980 to partner with visionary entrepreneurs and deliver lasting impact, the firm combines a collaborative global approach, sector-specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon, and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great entrepreneurs and management teams to scale innovative businesses around the world. We currently have over $73 billion in assets under management inclusive of all products as of June 30, 2022, and more than 215 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Munich, Palo Alto, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Stamford, and Tel Aviv.
We are seeking a Sr. Analyst (Workday Financials) with a proven track record and passion for delivering business value by enabling Finance Organizations to systemize processes via the Workday platform. This professional will join a dynamic, diverse, and expanding team Application Development organization that is responsible for all our business applications. The position will report to the VP, Head of Application Development.
* Design, develop and maintain Functional Configurations and product features for Workday Financials (including but not limited to Core Financials (FDM), Accounting, Banking and Settlement, Business Assets, Customers, Suppliers, and Expenses).
* Create custom reports utilizing the most efficient report type (including but not limited to Advanced, Matrix, and Composite).
* Create and maintain financial dashboards to consolidate reports relating to finance functional areas utilizing both tables and charts as the report output.
* Continuously evaluate Workday product updates and features and coordinate with internal teams to keep our platform use current.
* Manage regression testing for Workday bi-annual update cross-functionally across all of Finance.
* Coordinate with external consultants and AMS providers to ensure work is assigned, tracked, performed, and delivered in accordance with IT standards and processes. Work with finance teams to manage the delivery of third-party changes to products and ensure effective adoption.
* Interpret business requirements and advise on financial report design and utilization based on previous experience and knowledge of industry best practices.
* Drive development and documentation activities required to build an internal knowledge base.
* Perform analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manage day-to-day client relationships.
* Contribute to ongoing process improvement within the IT Workday Engineering team.
Examples of Day-to-Day Interactions and Activities
* Works directly with Finance Product Owners to facilitate business process analysis sessions, develop and deliver key components of Workday-based technology solutions
* Provides constructive feedback to project teams
* Demonstrates an understanding of the team's goals at contributes to team achievement
* Collaborates effectively with others internally and externally across all levels, functions, geographies, etc.
* Escalates conflicts to immediate supervisor when he/she cannot resolve them
Day-to-day Responsibilities + Estimated Time Allocation
80% - Hands-on day-to-day configuration and administration of Workday Finance modules to enable and support business use-cases
10% - Coordinating with third-party consultants, AMS providers, and/or internal IT
10% - Knowledge management, process improvement, mentorship, and other internal administrative activities
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of (6) years of or relevant professional work experience with at least (4) years of experience being directly responsible for Workday Financials implementations/operations
* Client-side and vendor-side Workday Financials experience preferred
* Relevant Workday Certifications preferred
* Working knowledge of the following Financial Management functional areas is strongly preferred:
- Accounting & Finance
- Audit & Internal Controls
- Consolidate & Close
- Procurement, Expenses & Payments
* Technical proficiency in SOAP-based web services and XML
* Application development experience with scripting languages and SQL preferred
* Knowledge of SDLC practices required; familiarity with audit/control processes preferred
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Enthusiastic, professional, and confident personality, with a focus on customer success
* Excellent listening skills to fully understand the customer requirements and pain points
* Ability to translate customer requirements into implementation plans
* Technical acumen to convert plans into real solutions that work
* Communication Effectiveness:
- Is an effective and active listener with individuals and teams internally and externally
- Asks appropriate questions and seeks to understand others
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Shares important information and relevant information with others, as appropriate
- Communicates complex concepts and ideas simply and clearly
- Effectively tailors' communication style based on message content and audience
- Keeps supervisor and team members well informed on work, priorities, or issues; escalates problems appropriately and in a timely fashion
* Critical Thinking and Problem Solving:
- Accurately estimates the time required to complete assignments
- Judges the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and makes choices that fit the constraints of the project
- Effectively analyzes problems and identifies root causes
- Escalates problems to management before they get out of control and asks for input if unsure how to handle a situation
- Offers ideas and solutions to issues or challenges that may arise
- Relies on instinct and sound judgment to stop and think before taking action
- Adheres to appropriate controls and processes
- Knows applicable policies or procedures
* Culture and Values
- Acts in accordance with the firm's core values
- Demonstrates an understanding of and learns about the firm's culture
- Puts stakeholders' interests first
- Contributes to the development of the firm, its culture, and one's colleagues
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to further the firm's culture through involvement in firm-wide activities that may include recruiting, mentoring, and developing staff members
- Supports our firm values of working across teams and geographies, and demonstrates the appropriate level of cross-cultural awareness
- Is constantly learning and keeping up with one's field of work
- Brings forward innovative ideas to support the firm's advancement
- Contributes to an inclusive environment, demonstrates respect for diversity, and avoids and discourages stereotypes
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn from others and share one's own knowledge with others
- Respects others' time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.