Up to £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Android Developer + Remote working + over 32 days holiday + shares options. Work with a team changing the mobile App game….
Join a rapidly expanding, award winning team. Forward thinking, this team is showing no signs of slowing down after a fantastic few years. But more importantly this team is focused on their staff and making sure YOU have the right progression and environment to be the best and enjoy every day on the job!
Work for one of the UK's most creative and trusted teams.
Gone are the days of complex investing. This team makes the whole investing process easy - from start to finish. They have made it easier to invest in the things you love with our curated individual fractional shares - because owning a piece of some of the world's most successful companies should be accessible to everyone. The team are currently seeking an enthusiastic and talented Senior/Lead Android developer to become an integral part of our growing, young and ambitious team based in the centre of York. They are on a mission to break down the barriers and make investing accessible and simplified for everyone. Whether it's funds or shares you're interested in, we've made it as easy.
The ideal candidate will fit seamlessly into what is a very ambitious and growing team and will hit the ground running along with helping build the team.
Are you ready for a role like no other?
As an Android Developer you will contribute to the development of features, fixing bugs and issues, reviewing code from others in the team and making a key contribution to the entire development lifecycle, from conception and discovery through development and delivery. Everybody in the company has a say in how they work, so you need to be able to work with others across disciplines, collaborating with designs, API engineers, QA, and project managers so that they can deliver to the highest standards.
You will also have opportunities to grow and specialise. They want you to be passionate about your own work and the impact it can have. You will need a desire to learn and grow with your role and help others along the way.
- A basic understanding of Git is required.
- Commercial awareness. You understand that you are spending other people's money to solve business critical problems, not geeking out for the sake of it.
- Self-sufficiency: initiative, time management, multi-tasking
- Minimum 2 years' experience using Kotlin
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs in Android apps
- Comfortable with TDD
- Strong in MVVM
- Needs clear architecture skills
- Experience working with and mentoring other developers.
- Experience leading teams of developers
- Want to work remotely - we like are team to like coming into work and be able to fit it around life so if remote works for you then it works for us too!
- Massive career acceleration! We want you to progress as soon as you feel ready and we will help you get there!
- 32-35 days holiday (this fluctuates according to how the Bank Holidays fall during our Christmas shutdown period)
- Company wide perks and benefits scheme, including our famous Christmas draw (last year was a weekend stop in any city in Europe!)
- Share schemes open to employees after 2 years on continuous employment, so we all benefit from continued success.
- Training with extensive access to online courses and a set progression structure- What ever you want to learn we can help you!
- Attend conferences and have the opportunity to represent the business at leading industry events
- Team activity events including Poker, VR night, Laser tag, bowling and go-karting!
- Beer Fridays in the office
- Office pool table and games consoles with regular competitions.
- A genuine collaborative working environment where you will be supported, tested, and given meaningful responsibility.
- Office Pool Table
We are accepting UK based candidates only, please only apply if you meet this criteria.
Senior Android Developer + Remote working + over 32 days holiday + Work with a team changing the mobile App game…
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.