£55000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Business Analyst - SDLC / ERP / IT
Oscar Technology are partnered with one of our long-standing clients, to help them secure an additional IT Business Analyst, in a role that can be largely remote with typically only 1 office visit per month.
The company have absolutely thrived over the last few years, outperforming other businesses in their market and are in the early phases of a 3-5 years IT Transformation programme, so this particular Business Analyst role offers a lot of variety to prospective candidates.
A bit about the Business Analyst role
The role is very much the classic conduit role that a Business Analyst plays, in that it's the interface between various business stakeholders and the technology department.
The projects that you tend to be involved in will be varied but tend to have a SDLC element; our client are replacing their ERP system that their entire business operates around with a new platform, with most the development taking place in-house. You will be also working with 3rd parties to integrate their products with the ERP platform so you will do things like crate ITTs, Business Requirement Documents and write functional specs for those vendors. You'll also work on things like IT Infrastructure projects and even work to map and redesign business process when new products alter working practices.
You'll typically be writing User Stories and feeding work to development teams that are increasing working more-and-more in an Agile fashion.
These is a great role for people that love working in close-knit teams with friendly people, but also want variety in the projects they work on.
What they are looking for in you
- Around 3-4 years previous experience in a business analysis type role
- Really comfortable with people at all levels in a business from C-suite down, but crucially able to make technical requirements easy to understand
- Good knowledge of Agile working, so things like writing User Stories, EPICS, working with JIRA & sprint planning.
- The ability to prioritise work when handling several different workstreams of projects.
- A solutions-focused mindset, not merely pointing out problems!
- A broad understanding and grasp of information technology.
- Experience using modelling languages such as UML and BPMN.
Benefits & any other bits
Largely remote, with 1 office visit a month.
37.5 hour week with flexible core hours (8,9 or 10am start - even split days if needs be)
23 days holiday + buy & sell holiday schemes
Bi-annual bonus scheme (May & Nov)
Paid BCS training courses
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.