Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £85000 per annum
26 days ago
Senior Business Analyst - Adobe Commerce / Magento / Remote
One of the UK's leading E-Commerce Consultancies are expanding their Adobe Commerce (fka Magento) Practices and are looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to that team.
The Senior Business Analyst joins at a great moment with this role looking to be the first of few hires into the practice, providing clear scope for the incoming Business Analyst to becoming a Lead in the team. All that said, if you're a Business Analyst that perhaps as aspirations to move into Delivery or even a more Technical / Architecture-led career path, those avenues also exist.
Our client have recently onboard a MAJOR exclusive account with an acquisitive global client that currently generate £1bn a year in revenues through their digital channels. Our clients brief is to consolidate multiple e-commerce websites onto a Adobe Commerce platform, integrate this with their fulfilment systems plus integrate with other Adobe products like Adobe Analytics.
Your role as a Senior Business Analyst will immediately to be a key initial point of engagement on this huge account and lead workshops & discovery exercises.
They have also onboarded two further clients where this role will again play a key role in leading initial discovery exercises to map out up-and-coming work.
This hire is the first of a number planned, as part of a strategy to grow out the Business Analysis and Delivery Management teams in the UK, who work with their nearshore technical teams that are based in Poland.
What does a typical engagement involve?
As a Business Analyst, day-to-day you will work with clients to define and document their requirements for digital change and experimentation across the Adobe Commerce / Magento platform that they support or manage for them. In most cases this results in the creation of clearly presented Epics and User Stories, plus other associated supporting documents.
Requirements can be across process or technology, functional and non-functional, covering project and BAU activities. They may be for new change or refactoring of existing code, but can also cover scope for experiments that will then be used to shape future change needs.
All that being said, you first few engagements will be on major digital transformation projects, rather than BAU!!
What are they looking for from you?
- We are ideally looking for Business Analysts, Solutions Consultants or even Solutions Architects that have previous experience of delivering Adobe Commerce / Magento implementation and/or upgrade projects. This doesn't have to come from working for Consultancy or Digital agency, although any prior B2B experience is handy, we recognise that a strong Business Analyst will probably have the people skills and emotional intelligence to make that leap.
- We'll also consider Product Owners that have strong discovery skills that enjoy 'business analysis' and have a good working knowledge of the Magento platform.
- You do need to a strong Business Analyst, with strong knowledge of Agile delivery models; their squads are a mature Scrum practicing culture. As such you'll be au fait with creating Epics and breaking those down into User Stories, but also solid and process mapping.
- A solid knowledge of Adobe Commerce Magento is essential. You don't have to know how to customise it, but you will know the differences between versions, what features exist and what is customisable.
What can they offer you?
- Progression - There are plans to expand the analysis team once this hire is secured. You'll be in a great position to push yourself into a 'Lead' position.
- Interesting work - For people interested in Enterprise-scale Adobe Commerce / Magento projects, you'll working on one the largest Magento platform programmes in Europe!
- Recognition - Oscar have really enjoyed working with this client; they tend to focus on peoples strengths rather than what they don't know! As such, they are able & willing to shape are role to suit your strengths.
- Scope to shape your career path - avenues to move into the Delivery, Architecture or a Lead BA role.
- Qualifications - As an Adobe Commerce partner, they will ensure you get access to latest training & certifications
- Ideally, they are looking to pay £65-75,000 but are willing to pay more for the right person!
- You can work from entirely home, but you will occasionally need to go to clients sites or a regional office.
- 25 days holiday
- Health cash plan
- Pension (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Non-Contractual Bonus Scheme
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.