City of London, London
£50000 - £75000 per annum + benefits
about 2 months ago
Senior Data Engineer(Job Number: 189781)
Primary Location :United Kingdom-England-London
Job - Analytics
Recruiter - Shakera Rahman
Senior Data Engineer
* Posting date: 05.07.2019
* Closing date: 05.08.2019
* Salary: Competitive
Do you want to join a team that is transforming the way data services are delivered at one of the
world's most trusted information services organisations?
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team within Experian's e-commerce business, Experian Consumer Services. You'll contribute to the maintenance of our data platform development of new data solutions helping to access, extract and manipulate data for MI/BI, descriptive and predictive analytics applications. You'll be using modern, scalable technologies to support the expansion of machine learning and be part of transforming the way that we understand and talk to our customers.
Our team has a passion for learning, problem solving and building innovative and scalable data
solutions. If this sounds like a good fit for you then this could be a great opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Design and deployment of large scale data pipelines and applications
* Build production ready data services using a range of technologies including Spark, Kafka, Hive and Impala production ready data services using a range of technologies including Spark, Kafka, Hive and Impala
* Contribute to the evolution of the platform by evaluating new technologies and building
prototypes covering topics such as machine learning, streaming or API-driven services
* Work as part of an agile team to deliver business-focused requirements on the data platform & leading Data Engineer team.
* Advise development teams on best practices for the use of big data technologies and coding practices
* Develop and share knowledge on new technologies across our analytics and data science community
You'll have experience with the following:
* A minimum of 2 years of designing and building consumer-based data solutions at scale for a similar size organisation as Experian using Spark, Kafka, Impala, Oozie, Hive, etc.
* Strong understanding of and experience utilising big data modelling methodologies and best practices
* Strong problem-solving skills and experience in debugging and performance tuning big data applications
* Skilled programmer with extensive experience in Scala, Java or Python
* Experience with Linux and scripting languages, e.g. bash
* Experience working in and leading teams using agile delivery methods
* Experience with visualisation platforms such as MicroStrategy and Tableau
* Experience building cloud-based solutions (AWS requirement)
* Demonstrable communication, influencing and relationship skills in a virtual, matrix environment
* Team management/supervisory or leadership experience
Essential technology stack
* Java or Python
* Scripting language
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.