Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
about 1 month ago
Senior Data Scientist - Manchester / Huddersfield / Bradford - Up to £75,000 plus Bonus
Around Mid 2019 Oscar Technology started to build a Data and Analytics team within a rapidly growing organisation that needed a complete overhaul of its Analytics and MI including the development and implementation of vastly improved and new models. We started to build with a Head of Department and followed that up another hire at a senior level as a Data Analyst.
We are now looking to grow this again with another hire, this time it's another senior hire within Data Science. This is a key role in a growing team which we expect to continue to grow throughout 2020. We expect this person to come into the business as the key technical authority within the field.
We are looking for someone to start this role within the early months of 2020. Some travel within the North would probably be needed for this position; this would only cover the Manchester - Huddersfield - M62 Corridor area to a couple of different offices.
- Ownership and ongoing development and optimisation of a predictive lead scoring model and data generation engine.
- Active in customer segmentation, predictive analytics, exploratory data analysis and data mining.
- To provide subject matter expertise on the collection of data to develop intelligent insight
- Enable continuous improvement to aid client recruitment, retention and increase revenue
- Develop and deliver the firm-wide data strategy
- To be accountable for continuous improvement in the way insight and knowledge is drawn from available data
- Address data with commercial acumen focussed around sales performance and maximisation
The Technical Part
- Collecting and Manipulating Data in Python & SQL
- Model variation in Python via version tools such as 'Git'
- Providing filtered data from the CRM to the marketing team for marketing campaigns
- Algorithm and campaign creation for outbound calls in the contact centre
- Reading and deciphering high frequencies of SQL code lines
- Quarterly CRM de-dupe and update from data house
- Experience in Data Engineering, Data Science or Data Analytics
- Python plus associates libraries
- Experience deploying and maintaining code in cloud environments like AWS.
- Experience with code versioning systems like Git.
- Experience of using and attaining value from BI tooling, preferably Qlikview
- Desirable skills in 'R', SAS and Microsoft Server Management Studio Sql,
Senior Data Scientist - Manchester / North West - Up to £75,000 plus Bonus
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.