Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £80000 per annum
7 months ago
Senior Data Scientist - NLP - Manchester - Start-Up Company - Up to £80,000
Staying up later than you wanted because you got sucked into the never ending maze of social media?
Can't quite put your phone down when you are at work because you're keen to know who that social media notification is from?
These days we are exposed to more social media platforms that we could ever have imagined 5 years ago, and this comes with the added concern of their safety on social media.
This company are seeking to add layers of protection to social media using AI. You will be building an AI platform that assesses our social media activities. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a company that are looking at social media in a different way and will be making a real and valuable contribution to peoples lives in this digital age.
The role is very hands-on and requires an innovative personality because you will hold a key role in this start-up company as a project leader.
With this comes the exciting opportunity of being a project leader as you will be at the forefront of developing quality web frontend features and components for our mental wellbeing and security applications, but also contributing to the backend and API where needed.
Senior Data Scientist Role Requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of NLP (Natural Language processing) or text analytics.
- Excellent understanding of statistics including statistical inference, probabilities, correlations
- Understanding of modern machine learning methods and algorithms including: Convolutional Neural Networks, Auto encoders, Random Forest and Support Vector Machines
- Excellent understanding of the applicability of the different machine learning methods for different numerical situations and statistical metrics and procedures to measure their performance
- Experience with at least one machine-learning toolkit such as TensorFlow, Torch or Caffe
- Fluent in Python, experience with Scikit-learn, Pandas and Numpy toolkits
- Experience as a project leader, driving a technology vision into implementation
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
This is very much a start-up environment but it is extremely well funded and you will be working with passionate, gifted individuals all driving to succeed in a common goal. This is not one to be missed.
If you are a Senior Data Scientist with experience in project leading and start-up companies then apply now and avoid missing out on this amazing opportunity to be a part of a company in which you can utilise your machine-learning expertise to change the face of social media usage.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.