7 days ago
Why Join Oscar:
Proud to have received the maximum 3-star accreditation from best companies recognising extraordinary levels of workplace engagement. Listed 22nd on The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to work for 2019 and 4th on the Top 75 Best Companies to Work for in the North West, of which we have been listed the number 1 Recruitment Company!
Our achievements, awards and increasingly positive reputation are what truly represent our aim to grow and develop in order to continuously enhance and improve what we do every single day.
We are leading specialists within the Technology and Energy sector across our key territories of UK, USA and as of 2019 mainland Europe; we thrive off our cohesive culture and consistent year on year growth across our three offices.
With the launch of new teams and market sectors, the opening of our 2nd USA office, internal promotions being at their highest and ongoing investment in cutting edge recruitment software and tools; there has never been a better time to join us.
There is no secret to our success; it is down to our people
This is an exciting and all encompassing HR position where you will be responsible for all matters concerning People across the global operations of Oscar. The Senior HR Advisor will ensure the HR functions; processes and procedures provide an excellent platform to enable our people to receive support and personal development to further their careers.
We are searching for a self motivated HR professional who will work in a hands on and effective manner, the role will require this individual to work independently managing a dynamic workload inclusive to employee relations, operational management of the starter and leaver process; on boarding local and international candidates as well as full ownership and execution of exit interviews and post employment process.
Strong Interpersonal and communication skills are key for driving successful outcomes in this role; you will support and provide coaching to managers and employees across the business regarding all aspects of people management including employee wellbeing. You will own all engagement initiatives whilst driving new ones and have a close link to our Payroll, Internal talent & training team so building relationships will be a priority!
The day to day will be second nature for you; absent management, advising management of changes in legislation and the effect on business, presenting implementation plans for best practice and cost effective HR Initiative’s as well as management of Disciplinary, Grievance, Performance Management and Termination issues consistently and in line with legislative requirements.
Organisation will be at the forefront of everything you do; this role will require management and co-ordination of appraisal scheduling and documentation, maintaining personnel documentation and records as appropriate, coordination of Internal transfers as well as maintaining and developing the usage of our HR system for all HR Records and administration.
This is the perfect position for an experienced HR Advisor who is on the upwards curve of their career but craving additional responsibility with the scope for long term growth.
You will have the opportunity to drive exciting projects forward and make a real impact on the future success of the business!
- Minimum CIPD level 5 qualification or equivalent experience/qualification
- Flexibility, adaptability and a can-do attitude
- A 'hands on' interactive approach
- Able to work in a stand alone role while supporting recruitment teams
- Background performing a HR Advisor or Manager role - minimum 3 years experience
- Knowledge and understanding of up-to-date employment legislation and Best Practice.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Previous experience delivering wider HR project work
- Experience and confidence to devise and implement HR initiatives
- Competency in providing HR management information and reports
You also get
- Competitive basic salary
- A leading Smartphone
- Reward Portal - make your money go further with discount codes and reloadable store cards
- Bi-annual targets for trips abroad - Ibiza, Majorca, Las Vegas, Prague, Barcelona etc
- Duvet day incentives
- Flexi-hours for parents
- Flexi-hours for senior consultants and above
- Enhanced paid leave for important life events
- Employee charity committee
- Employee social committee
- Pension - access to a workplace pension with employer and employee contribution
- Annual day at the races
- 4pm Friday finish
- Fresh fruit daily
- Health cash plan £1,000+ cash back on everyday healthcare
- Employee assistance programme
- Free flu vaccinations
- Discounted health club membership
- On-site fitness sessions