£38000 - £45000 per annum + 15% bonus, Bupa, Life
8 months ago
Senior Java Engineer - AI / Machine Learning
How would you like the opportunity to work with Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence platforms? Our client is adding Machine Learning capability into the next generation of their world leading data driven platform and are looking for several senior Java Engineers to join the team
I'm looking for an Agile practitioner with a strong background in software development and enterprise technology along with strong problem-solving and creative design solutions that come as a second nature. You must be able the most relevant skills, and seek to learn new ones, to complete highly complex tasks. You must be enthused about design patterns, code, testing, dependency management, integration, 3rd party libraries and tools.
As well as providing technical expertise in the evolution of stories at all points within the SDLC. You must also be very conscious of providing your end consumer the best experience, learn fast and have a desire to share knowledge effectively.
The role involves;
- Enhance a world-leading decision management software suite to better serve some of the world's largest blue-chip companies.
- Collaborate in a mature Agile Scrum team, integrated within a truly global, culturally diverse software group.
- Enhance and create software features and the way in which they are built, tested, deployed and consumed by clients and the wider Delivery organisation, with a strong focus on both automation and new technology adoption.
- Work with and learn the most exciting technologies in data, analytics and decisioning. You will be challenged to drive products forward, ensuring software is stable, secure, and performant as standard.
- Relevant training is provided, and support practices such as pair-programming, shared learning events (internal and external) and innovation days. This is in order to make you as successful as possible by fostering an autonomous, dynamic team environment.
Other duties involve;
- Support the production of accurate estimates for development work.
- Participate in the team's analysis of complex problems.
- Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that all work is completed satisfactorily and meets agreed deadlines.
- Develop system specifications for existing and new modules.
- Develop new modules and enhance existing modules in line with the current product architecture.
- Develop and execute comprehensive system and unit testing on the modules.
- Analyse and fix software errors.
- Maintain and improve existing system documentation.
Our client are among the worlds top 200 technology companies, producing market leading software for some of the worlds largest businesses. Locally, they are considered one of Nottingham largest employers and can offer their employees excellent benefits including flexible core hours, healthcare cover, life assurance and access to a stack of optional benefits
They are based in a modern office in Nottingham at an easily accessible location outside the city centre with well serviced by main roads and all forms of public transport.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Broad/Proven work experience in software development.
- Practical experience of using agile development methodologies.
- Technologies, Languages, frameworks
Experience and exposure to as many of the following as possible would be advantageous:
- Proven experience delivering large, complex, high quality software applications.
- Broad experience of Java 1.7+ application development.
- Proven understanding and experience using design patterns.
- Test Driven / Behaviour Driven Development methodology.
- Knowledge of the Netbeans RCP and OSGi modular frameworks.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Build Automation processes.
- Unit and integration testing using Junit, Groovy or similar.
- Proprietary Language definitions (e.g. JCup, JFlex).
Experience with the following will be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge of HTML 5, CSS 3
- Transfer Protocols (RMI, Web Services, HTTP/S & REST)
- Cloud Computing
- Java Performance Tuning
- Database Scripting Languages (e.g. SQL, DB2, Oracle, Postgres, no SQL)
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
If you feel that you are a good match for the role and want to know more about it then please contact me to discuss further!
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.