Rotterdam, South Holland
€50000 - €60000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Vacancy: Senior Linux DevOps Engineer/SRE
Skills: Linux, Ansible, Python, Bash, MariaDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Package: €50.000 - €60.000 (plus 12% bonus, WFH, unlimited education, work vitality, gym, free games & more)
You will be working on the core of this Gaming company's online hosting infrastructure and their most critical systems. You will work on both the existing and new infrastructure, architecting, designing, and building the best low-latency high performing infrastructure in the gaming industry, to ensure no down time and the highest speeds. You work with a highly intelligent team of passionate engineers, where you structure your own days and work from home for 4 days a week.
You are responsible for a constantly healthy infrastructure that is always reliable. As well as building brand new environments, you will be scaling out the current infrastructure, fine tuning the Linux servers, and adding new techniques. Want to orchestrate the Docker containers with Kubernetes? Feel free to implement this! Automation is a key focus here, utilising Ansible & scripting wherever possible to automate tedious tasks so you can concentrate on the fun stuff! You will also advise more junior colleagues across the company of the best techniques you know and how to improve their engineering too.
Linux Engineer Requirements
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role
- You bleed Linux and its various flavours (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian etc.)
- You have an automation first mindset and skills in Ansible
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python etc.)
- Security knowledge
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch is a big bonus
- Experience with containers using Docker & Kubernetes is another huge bonus
This company provides high-performance and low-latency infrastructure to the gaming industry, working with giants like EA, Psyonix, Ubisoft, Discord and much more, hosting games for millions of players round the world. Their number one mission and priority is to provide the lowest latency to players around the world, so you don't throw your controller through the TV screen on a kill streak! They provide a global network of untouchable speed infrastructure in 40+ countries on every continent in the world. They provide Bare Metal servers and Bare Metal cloud to secure no downtime and low latency, Global CDN to reduce download times, Anti-DDoS with their in-house built tools, an increased reach for your content transfers, and much more. Their goal is to be the global leader in this sector, with a manifesto aim of 1 Billion users by 2025!
Their company culture is everything you would dream of from working at a Gaming start-up. On a technical level, you are actively encouraged and given the freedom to explore new techniques and utilise your own interests in the production environment, as long as you take ownership for it too! Then, there's the benefits…
- 25 days holiday
- €250 Home Office budget
- Working from home 4 days a week
- Brand new Dell XPS
- Unlimited Education budget (certifications, conferences, Master's Degrees, you name it!)
- Unlimited access to the backlog of games from one of largest gaming companies in the world, for life
- Work vitality, such as health checks, mental coaching etc.
- On -Site gym
- Annual bonus from 8-12%
- Opportunities to travel to global locations.
- Career Guidance
- Collective Pension scheme
- Bar with 50+ beers and a bunch of colleagues eager to share one with you.
- Unlimited sweets
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.