£85000 - £150000 per annum
about 1 month ago
What You'll Do
Most veterinary design software is outdated and reminiscent of the Microsoft Windows 95 era (just Google "veterinary software screenshots"). TeleVet is on a mission to not only change the standard but improve the lives of veterinary teams along the way by making their jobs easier and more enjoyable through innovative, well-designed technology.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our amazing team to enrich our platform designs and create a truly delightful experience for both veterinary teams and pet owners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our veterinary evangelist to get a deep understanding of their pain points and daily routine. From these insights, you'll have the freedom to steer the direction of the product design by gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, building navigation components, and more. We're looking for someone who is analytical and a creative designer that can grasp complex user needs and turn them into actionable tasks that efficiently solve their problems. Ultimately, you'll create both functional and appealing features that address both of our customers' needs and help accelerate the growth of our impact on the industry.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with product managers, customers, and engineers to craft designs that balance speed of development with good UX/UI
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, prototypes, and information architecture documents
- Get everyone on the same page by presenting rough drafts early and often to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems from customer feedback and analytics tools (ie. Mixpanel, LogRocket)
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Collaborate closely with our product team and customer service team to help define features for the rest of the team
- Consistently talk with customers and analyze user behavior data and metrics to create actionable insights
- Impactful work that will improve the well-being of veterinary team members
Who You Are
- At least 4+ years of work experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Extremely empathetic - you build strong relationships and understanding of customer pain points
- Experience working collaboratively with product and engineering teams on multiple product lines at once
- Efficient and concise with communication to teammates and stakeholders
- Have a strong portfolio of design projects that highlights your experience
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Startup mentality - working in a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.
- Full ownership - take full control and responsibility of your work, maintain autonomy to make decisions
- Experience mocking UI's and coding gets you bonus points
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.