US$200000 - US$250000 per annum + Benefits + EQUITY
13 days ago
My client is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. The company were founded in 2020 and grown from strength to strength, now sitting at a team of 40+ all around the world (Paris, London & USA).
What will you do?
I am looking for 2 highly skilled and motived Senior Backend Engineers to add to its small but dynamic team (7 as of today) to build the technical infrastructure and product that will empower the social media application to scale to 100M+ users.
you will responsible of :
- Working on some exciting technical challenges - We have some insane technical challenges because of the nature of the product: spikes of millions of users connecting in a 2 minutes window.
- Help build a strong architecture that can support massive scale as we grow to new users and new countries
- Being able to get down and dirty in your work, finding great technical solutions and not be afraid to try new things
- Collaborate with product and engineering team to build new features for the app
- Evaluate trade-offs and technical challenges on key components of our backend
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Be able to work autonomously, we believe everyone should have autonomy over their work whilst being a great collaborator with the wider business
- We are a start up, so we work quickly and we want people who are excited by this!
- Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, GitHub actions and ArgoCD
- Backend: Node.js (NestJS, Nx)
- Frontend: Swift (iOS), Kotlin (Android)
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
Ex FAANG candidates and/or start up experince would be a great fit!
What you'll bring:
- You have significant experience in Node.js
- Or you have very good knowledge in C++, .net, Java, Go and you want to learn Node.js
- Strong experience in designing high-stress software architectures and deploying them with a DevOps mindset on managed services and cloud providers (GCP + AWS)
- You are autonomous and you have already worked in a start-up (IDEALLY)
- You are a team player and you like challenges
- But most of all you believe in the project, you are motivated and ready to join a challenging and exciting journey
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you're available on CEST time in Europe and East Coast hours in the US
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (they want you to have ownership in the business)
- "Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us"
- Health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Pension/401k matching
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
Please apply for further details.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.