Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £55000 per annum
7 months ago
Senior Software Engineer (PHP/Laravel) BIRMINGHAM 55K
An exciting opportunity has just landed for an enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineer to join a dynamic team to work for an award winning and leading company. You'll be working on the client-facing service management and reporting web application in use by many major global companies in order to manage their content security
Their presitge client base reaches on a huge global scale with content owners ranging up to some pretty big names. They are looking to expand their dynamic team and you could be exactly what they're looking for...
Located in the Birmingham office, you'll join the team reporting to the Team Lead, fully supported whilst you get stuck into your role and hit the ground running as an experienced developer. You will be given huge opportunity to work on multiple large-scale distributed applications.
(Come prepared with a good understanding of network communications, a passion for problem solving and the drive to meet deadlines!)
A Typical Day
Based in the Birmingham office, you will join the existing team to maintain and develop the back-end / server-side code of the large and complex MVC applications. As well as:
* Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best of breed software development practices.
* Guiding and mentoring the more junior team members
* Developing functions for data validation and pushing into / pulling from databases / unstructured data stores.
* Implementing worker / task runner components
* Integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
* Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
What They're After
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Proficiency in PHP
* Knowledge of MVC pattern based development, and familiarity with Laravel in particular.
* Experience with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
* Experience with relational databases, particularly MySQL
* Experience with version control systems, especially Git.
* A strong web development background and commercial experience working on complex multi-tiered web applications is needed
* You will also be expected to develop your skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
Desirable (i.e Bonus Points!)
* Knowledge of application cloud architectures and AWS services.
* Experience with Continuous Integration / Deployment (Jenkins, GitLab etc.), application deployment (Puppet, Chef) and Docker.
You've read this far - might as well check out the great benefits!
* Flexible working options
* Pension scheme
* 25 days holiday (increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday)
* Group Health Insurance and more!
* You will work at the cutting edge of a high growth industry with an opportunity to shape the technical vision of a large cloud-based platform.
* You will have the opportunity to work on solutions for some of the biggest and most well known brands in the world.
* Our hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide.
This fantastic opportunity is NOT to be missed.
Click Apply Now!
Alternitvely send your CV to Mollie on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 0121 647 6888 to find out more.
Connect with me on LinkedIn, I'm always up for a chat! https://www.linkedin.com/in/mollie-dyson-mcipd-02aa00119/
Mayvbe this isn't quite right for you? We offer £500 in referal vouchers if you know anyone who fits the bill.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.