US$60 - US$70 per hour
26 days ago
As soon as possible
Location: Rosenberg, TX (on-site)
Duration: 6+ Months
Primary Purpose: To install, configure and maintain the Servers, Storage, Virtual and Cloud infrastructure. Recommend
and implement technology improvements that help the client and Technology Services meet their objectives.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with design, installation, support and maintenance of Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Active Directory, Clustering,
- Domain operations and other systems.
- Assist with daily operations of DHCP and DNS services.
- Assist with design and implementation of an Operating System update schedule for all Network Services managed systems.
- Assist with installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and replacement of virtual server infrastructures, along with
- physical infrastructure when needed.
- Assist with management and maintenance of the SAN infrastructure and ensure replication between data centers is
- functioning as designed.
- Assist with daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources.
- Assist with regular review of application logs across all Network Services systems to ensure proper functionality.
- Assist with maintaining daily server backups and backup targets.
- Assist with monitoring and ensure backups are regularly tested to verify backup integrity.
- Assist with management, maintenance and troubleshooting of all Network Services cloud applications.
- Stay up to date on developments in the networking industry.
- Attendance at work is an essential function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2+ years of experience
- Administration of Microsoft and VMWare environments
- Management of 20 or more servers, including virtual servers
- Minimum Education/Certification:
- Associate's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience supporting and maintaining enterprise infrastructure
- Current applicable Microsoft Server Certification preferred
- Current applicable VMware Certification preferred
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Eligible for coverage under the District's vehicle insurance program
- Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, platform operating systems, current systems software, protocols, and
- standards, including Active Directory, IIS, SQL, Windows Server, MS Exchange, and Linux
- Technical and functional understanding of Server 2012 R2, Server 2016, Server 2019 Active Directory Group Policy, DHCP,
- DNS and Azure
- Knowledge of Dell and Cisco Server and Storage hardware
- Experience with VMware ESXi and vSphere
- Experience supporting Office 365
- Knowledge of network fundamentals
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work with others in a high functioning team
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.