£500 - £501 per day
about 1 month ago
As a Service Manager reporting into the Programme Manager, you will own and manage the delivery of Services across multiple security functions which comprise the Managed Services Security Programme, focusing on service quality and improvement.
Responsible for the transition to service of all artifacts and services within the programme and providing effective leadership and guidance on service management industry best practice. You must have the ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with our customer and third-party vendors.
- Act as point of knowledge for assurance and governance for all managed service areas within the programme
- Define Security service descriptions, service definitions and KPIs
- Engage with customers and act as the management sponsor of key project service artifacts
- Develops working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service departments adhere to all regulations
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and services
- Guide and document Continued Service Improvement
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring care of any customer escalations quickly and professionally
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and are met in line with the project workstream and programme plan
- Detail orientated and proficient in handling senior customer stakeholder and service manager interactions and reporting.
- Own and manage the meetings and reporting cadences for the service outputs in line with programme client and supplier expectation
- Act as first line escalation point for the workstream leads into the programme
- Maintains service desk engagement throughout the programme, including managing service desk expectations
- Monitors department issues and define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
- Lead audit work being done and customer service being provided to ensure all standards are met and that remediation work is carried out effectively
- Oversees team members performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs; if necessary, carries out these job duties personally to ensure highest quality of work
- Manages and maintains a positive open relationship and dialogue with third party suppliers and partners to maintain an overall governance and quality of output from reporting and service led endeavors
- Managing the output of Project Managers within defined workstreams, and their respective project teams, to assure and ensure artifacts and required process documents and services are delivered to time and plan Not sure its this persons responsibility or program director to manage the output of project managers.
- Support the Programme Manager to define service delivery goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders
- Present and face into partners and client, demonstrating the credibility of our service delivery organization
- Support the Programe Manager to champion and own project governance and provide high level quality control - Is this applicable for project governance?
- Support the Programme Manager to ensure the professional development of team members, keeping abreast of current and new IT methodologies, development and best practice project delivery and consulting
- Present directional ideas and strategies to the Workstream and Programme Team
- Present and provide update into the Progamme and programme Board meetings and directly to board members
Skills & Experience
- A proven track record of leading service led, security services teams to successfully deliver on multiple workstreams simultaneously within complex managed services security environments
- Strong understanding of service management approaches with the ability to draw on these to implement a tailored, appropriate framework
- Skilled at building relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, including at the most senior levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong decision-making skills including the ability to balance conflicting interest
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results
- Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas
- Strong management skills with the ability to coach and lead both virtual and actual teams
- Working knowledge of security in terms of managed services / security operations center. Minimum 10 years.
- Operational Service Delivery Experience
- Comprehensive Industry Knowledge What industry?
- Project Management / Delivery into Service Experience
- Strong Customer-Facing Skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Covered above
- Self-Motivated Covered above
- Troubleshooting and Creative Problem-Solving Covered above
- Ability to work under pressure
- Financial Services Industry experience preferred
- Service Management certification in ITIL or similar
- Project Management certification in PRINCE2, Agile/SCRUM or similar
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.