City of London, London
£30001 - £53000 per annum + 15% bonus, Bupa, 10% pension
28 days ago
Software Development Engineer in Test / SDET / Java
We are working with a global software products firm, who are looking for a SDET to join a newish self-managing Squad developing a Machine Learning powered platform.
For this role proven track record in development is more important than a proven track record in QA as this is primarily a development role.
An exciting opportunity within a small dynamic team responsible for a key strategic application. You will be joining a highly effective self-organising Agile team and you will be a key driver defining and implementing the product's automated testing strategy. This is a highly technical role requiring excellent coding skills, the product is new and the team is small offering early responsibility and career progression.
You will be joining a team who develop a powerful, intuitive enterprise level data discovery, data cleanse and data analysis platform built on a Java and TypeScript stack. The application scales to process billions of records and talks to big-data frameworks like Hadoop. Future developments include making use of machine learning algorithms, cloud-hosting, and connectors to leading data visualisation and BI tools like Tableau.
The candidate would be expected to share best practises with QA teams around the world and in particular with the London team.
A proven track record in development is more important than a proven track record in QA as this is primarily a development role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and take ownership for elements of the team's test automation strategy
- Write automated tests and supporting frameworks
- Explore new approaches and introduce innovative techniques to drive product quality improvements
- Support the team in defining appropriate and testable acceptance criteria
- Define functional and non-functional tests, together with associated test data
- Collaborate with team members to identify, analyse and remove product defects as early as possible
- Contribute to the continued evolution of a self-organising, cross-functional team
- Provide input to the Dev team to ensure our products are built to facilitate automated testing
- Proven experience in writing automated tests for complex systems ideally as an SDET or a Java Developer
- Proven software engineering background and capability in one or more development OO languages
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- A strong desire to deliver high quality software
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies, deliverables, testing techniques, automated testing and the value of a test-first approach to deliver a high quality solution that meets client needs
- Knowledge and appreciation of agile development methodologies and techniques
- Java, C#, TypeScript coding experience
- JUnit, Mockito, AssertJ, Jasmine, Jest experience
- Maven or Gradle experience
- Selenium WebDriver experience
- SQL, Rest API
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.