Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum
16 days ago
Software Development Manager/Technical Director
(HANDS OFF, Technical roadmaps, Performance reviews, Best coding practices)
Leeds - £50,000
(Flexible hours, Pension, Relaxed environment, Tech conferences, 25 days Holiday + 8 Days Bank Holiday)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful business who are a industry leader and are absolutely paving the way in their industry! They are passionate about building exciting new products and are always one step ahead of their competitors. Technology is at the heart of everything they do, implementing and utilising the latest technologies and best coding practices. They are currently going through a large growth period and this is a extremely exciting time to join the business where you have will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the projects and team from day 1!
Due to this continual growth they are looking to add to the team with a hands off Software Development Manager/Technical Lead. You must have a background in software development and a clear track record of being hands on in this past - this is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
What you will be involved in:
- Head up a middle-sized team of developers to provide support, encouragement, and feedback.
- Working collaborative with the CTO.
- Work on the vision and technology roadmap of the business.
- Coach and mentor your team members.
- Measuring individual and team performances to ensure targets are being reached.
- Technical elements of the product roadmap.
- Contribute your thoughts to the architecture where needed - you will remain involved and hands-on with the tech and ensure that the company keep up to date with the latest technologies and trends.
- Promote best coding practices.
Software Development Manager Requirements
- Experience managing a team of developers.
- A strong background as a Software Developer working through the full software lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Being a team player is a key skill for this role.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved with a business who are truly disrupting the market in their space.
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP as interviews will be commencing immediately.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.