West London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
11 months ago
Software Engineer - Java, OpenCV, Torch
A West London software firm who are developing a several ID investigation & verification platforms, are looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to support their continued growth.
This would be joining a business where innovation is driven from within the software engineering teams, with Software Engineers involved in all aspects of the lifecycle from design, coding plus working closely with QA & build teams to automate testing & releases
Their platforms are largely developed in Java EE, developing Microservices with Spring Boot deployed onto AWS, with Torch used to for deep learning algorithms and OpenCV for real-time computer vision.
You will be part of a small but highly skilled team developing new features and constantly improving capability of their platforms, collaborating on code designs but also working closely with other team members to automate as much as possible! The team are doing daily code releases, with an emphasis on following CI & CD best practice
You are not expected to have worked with any form of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence platform before, but any experience related to this field would be a distinct advantage
- As rough guide, around 3-5 years experience as a Software Engineer
- Extensive Java EE 8+ background
- Experience with Spring (Dependency Injection, Boot, MVC, Data)
- CI & CD best practice knowledge
Nice to haves
- Experience with Computer Vision libraries like OpenCV or Dlib
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks like Torch or PyTorch
- Good understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms
- Good understand of serverless / cloud architectures
- A background of working on complex, multi-threaded platforms
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.