£40000 - £60000 per annum
2 months ago
Software Engineer - Java / Scala / AI
A research-led technology company are looking to add Senior Software Engineers to their ranks, as part of the organic growth of their product & business. They develop a Java-based Artificial Intelligence platform that is used in a content-driven media industry, and with take-up on their platform really strong in the UK, they are pushing their platform out globally
Their technology stack is pretty varied, so people that are masters of both OOP (Java or C#) and Functional programming (Scala), perhaps from really strong academic backgrounds and / or technology-driven firms with reputations for having complex, low-latency platforms. You're developing data-driven platforms, so a knowledge of algorithms and data structures would help out, but is not paramount.
They're looking for smart & passionate technologists who want to continuously learn as they go. Their industry evolves all of the time and they need people that can evolve with them. The typical person they are looking for has the following skills & knowledge:-
- An ability to research problems and break them into deliverable parts
- Working knowledge of Agile, Lean and XP methodologies
- A background in software engineering; or a degree in Computer Science or other related field
- Ability to dive into a large polyglot codebase, but built around a core of developing complex applications in Java 8+
- Interest in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- Operations or Systems Administration experience, particularly on Linux
- A desire to automate where possible
- Experience with; or willingness to learn AWS
- Open source experience
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.