US$140000 - US$145000 per annum + 15% Bonus, remote, equity
about 1 month ago
Software Engineering Manager - Ecommerce - Tampa or 100% Remote - 15% Bonus, Equity
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a team to overcome challenges? Do you wake up thinking about how to drive an elite group of engineers to achieve more than any of them could on their own? This company is looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented leader to lead their team as an Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for a team of 4 to 5 Engineers who will be both your direct reports and execute as part of a team, ensuring your product is the best in its industry in the world!
You will work closely with our Directors of Engineering and our VP of Engineering to enhance and build a performance-driven culture of engineering, where meeting deadlines while providing high-quality software is a deeply ingrained part of each team's DNA. You will also remain a hands-on leader, writing code as well as managing and mentoring engineers.
- Work with product managers to understand feature, integration, and platform requirements and ensure engineering meets those requirements
- Report on, and execute against Agile metrics and KPIs to ensure on-time delivery of features
- Connect product needs to code, ensuring that each engineer understands how their contributions connect to the company's platform and our merchants
- Develop and mentor engineers, leveling them up in skills across engineering, management, personnel, and business tracks
- Lead by example, contributing to deployments, testing, completing tickets, performing peer reviews, and ultimately modeling ideal engineer behavior and practice
- Encourage and model a performance-driven culture that emphasizes execution while encouraging creativity, passion, and a commitment to a shared company vision
- Ecommerce / Commerce experince
- Technical Expertise:You are an engineer at heart, and should have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience coding, ideally using React to access REST APIs and PHP, React in a server-side environment.
- Agnostic Backend, so PHP is not necessary if you have strong API lead development
- Managerial Experience:You have managed a team of at least 4 engineers (ideally with additional product managers and Agile roles) for 2 or more years.
- Problem-Solving Skills:You can think both creatively and logically, and depend on data to inform your decisions. You have great instincts but don't make decisions based on instinct alone. You can also explain your decision-making process to your peers and team.
- Attention to Detail:You don't have to delegate the details. You're comfortable getting into little areas of concern and consistently ensuring correctness and accuracy, and can demonstrate this to other engineers and managers.
- Bonus: E-Commerce Experience:You have demonstrable experience working in e-commerce, especially in the areas of payments, billing, fulfillment, order management, and partner integrations
- Agile Expertise:You are not only familiar with Agile practices (SCRUM and Kanban in particular), but you have served as a Product Owner, SCRUM master, or other Agile role in your career for engineering or product teams.
- API Programming:You have personally programmed a large public-facing API, ideally in REST. You've built out payloads and processed complex requests both coming into and returned from an API.
This company is the fastest growing integrated ecommerce order management and recurring billing platform that plugs seamlessly into any business. They also provide deep insights across the customer lifecycle without custom engineering or added plugins because their product was designed with best-in-class tooling built in. With this new world that we live in, subscription boxes are very popular as it means you can get necessities delivered regularly with the click of one button - part of this companies success is that this new way of shopping is not going away.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
- Short-Term, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Compensation Package includes Great Equity Incentive Plan
- 10% Annual Bonus Guaranteed
- Stocked kitchen
Apply now to avoid disappointment, this company are on the way up, with your equity, you will be in for one hell of a ride over the next few years!
Engineering Manager - 100% Remote - 15% Bonus, Equity, PHP, React, API Lead Engineering
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.