£20000 - £25000 per annum + Additional Benefits
5 months ago
As a family owned company based in Sunderland this teams approach is different to many of our competitors in that they produce all of their software ourselves and take pride in our technical innovation and the strength of the development and design teams who use cutting edge technologies to drive the business forward.
What will you do?
Successful candidates will be integrated into a high calibre team which provides a full development life-cycle - from concept and idea generation, to development, testing and ongoing support. You'll have a genuine interest and desire to pursue a career within testing.
Quite simply the team loves tech and you'll share this passion and use it to:
- Analyse software requirements and ensure clarity of understanding.
- Understand the goals and real world application of the Test Strategy.
- Define software features, with the assistance of Dev and product owners and define test scenarios within those features.
- Design test scenarios based on project documentation.
- Test software releases by executing assigned tests.
- Report defects to the required standard to the Lead Developer.
- Provide inputs to the team in order to improve the test process.
- Keep up-to-date on the development technology, the popular testing tools and the business domain.
- Work in a growing, autonomous team.
We look for the following from our people:
- Good communication. It sounds clichéd but things like being able to express your ideas clearly, talking to non-technical colleagues and effective feedback during code reviews are incredibly important.
- A desire to learn. Our dev teams do a lot of things other companies don't, so there is a lot to learn. But that's a good thing as we don't want to stand still. We want people who want to improve themselves.
- Suggest improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver our code. We have an open attitude to new ideas. If you don't like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- Think of new and unique ways to improve our customers experience. Ultimately that is what tombola is about, giving value to customers.
Offering a competitive salary as well as an amazing new HQ, free food and snacks, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical to name a few...
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.