US$65 - US$90 per hour + 100% remote
AD - Solutions Arch_1655926805
8 days ago
A Solutions Architect provides the experience and leadership to design the interactions between business processes and the technologies that enable those processes to function in today's data-driven age. This person focuses on establishing the best technology solution to meet a specific business need and works on medium complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across one or two technical and functional areas while guiding other architects in the definition, design, and project delivery of services in the workplace.
A Solutions Architect also works directly with business representatives to understand the specific requirements that are driving the need for a solution to be designed. Key activities include:
- Development of architecture standards in the applications area
- Review and evaluation of proposed third-party and internally developed application architecture
- Review of existing applications for re-design
- Responsible for the development of the overall vision that underlies the proposed solution and transformation of that vision through execution into the solution
- Become involved with a project at the time of inception and participate in the business requirements gathering.
- Remain involved throughout the balance of the project.
- Provide solution architecture for application design and development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field required.
- 5+ years in IT work experience, specifically in technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
- 3+ years of experience with relational and non-relational Databases.
- Strong development experience in several programming languages. Experience in analysis and decomposition of legacy applications.
- Familiarity with web development, specifically SOAP, RESTful, SAML, ADFS, or Shibboleth is desirable.
Familiarity with cloud-based technologies: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) is desirable. Familiarity with IBM Mainframe, specifically JCL and ADABAS/Natural environments is a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience working as part of a team ideally teams that have included designers, developers, and project management.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.