Charlotte, North Carolina
25 days ago
Responsibilities/ Desired Similar Experience:
- Primary Function: Process and Project Engineering, predominantly NC based, but also supporting plants across NA
- Responsible for capital project contract personnel: on site & pre-planning stages to ensure successful completion of projects without any injuries to personnel, loss of containments or damage to the environment.
- Site Project Lead Engineer on Process Engineering design process from concept thru commissioning including (but not limited to) P&ID development, PFD's, equipment layouts, Hazops, instrument specification, Trip & Alarm assessments, heat & mass balances, equipment selection & bidding/costing, liaison with 3rd party equipment supplier & undertaking trials.
- Commissioning and optimization of equipment and processes.
- Responsible for Project Engineering including scope definition, cost estimation and input into project plans and subsequent cost control
- Responsible for identifying, designing, and delivering process improvement projects.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of plant modifications and capital expansion projects. This includes Site input into the design stages and responsibility for commissioning and start-up together with subsequent improvements.
- Support line management in the development and upkeep of plant & safety systems, in particular Operating Procedures and Maintenance Procedures, for both existing and newly installed equipment.
- Input into development and delivery of the NC Capex program
- 5-10 years in chemical manufacturing process and/ or project engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering preferred. Other degrees will be considered depending on the amount of professional/ relevant work experience you have
- Batch Organic Chemical Manufacturing experience highly preferred. Specialty/ Personal Care Chemical experience specifically a plus
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.