City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
9 months ago
Sr Software Engineer - Java / Python / Bioinformatics
A Bioinformatics company are looking to add 2 additional Software Engineers to their team, helping to develop their suite of products. The products themselves are use to track data the support of the development of drugs used to find long-term degenerative diseases, so you will play your own part in supporting something meaningful!
The scope of the role is to be part of the whole engineering lifecycle, overseeing the introduction of new services, continuously improving best practice and tooling, and Researching & Developing new ideas.
What do they want from you?
- Ideally a BSc in Computer Science or another STEM related topic - something that demonstrates a mathematical aptitude
- 2-3+ years of Java experience
- Ideally experience of Python and / or Shell scripting
- Experience of frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate
- Decent knowledge of *Nix technologies
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Good knowledge of REST APIs
Nice to haves
- Experience with AWS
- Agile best practices
- CI / CD
- A really good understanding of various design patterns (factory, singleton, etc)
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.