Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £42500 per annum
22 days ago
Technical Project Manager - Agile / Waterfall
Oscar are supporting a growing technology firm in Manchester in their search for a new Technical Project Manager.
You will be joining a growing firm that are delivering seriously complex software projects, developing highly scaled, highly transactional software platforms.
As much as possible, the firm aim to work in an Agile fashion, so you will partner with Product Owners and aim to deliver code releases iteratively, however their industry is heavily regulated so sometimes rather than continuous releases or 2 week sprint, sometimes they build to 3-4 week releases or deliver complete solutions to deadlines.
Taking this into account, we are looking for Project Manager that can be adaptive in their approach and not too married to a particular methodology and is ultimately delivery focused.
Your role will typically take in:-
- Providing overall leadership for the delivery of your project
- Working closely with your team, you will drive the delivery for the project
- Identifying cross-project activities/dependencies and working with the programme manager and other project managers to manage them
- Developing and controlling deadlines and activities within your project
- Applying change, risk and resource management within your project
- Assuming responsibility for the project's people and vendors
- Assessing project performance and aiming to maximize ROI
- Maintaining the project roadmap and schedule
- Communicating/Reporting on the project status
- Accounting for project cost and time
- Management of third party relationships
- A good understanding of project management techniques and methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving ability
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Have previous experience of working with agile delivery teams to deliver new features for a business
- Highly organised, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Someone who thrives in an open, challenging and supportive environment
- Team player who is driven and determined to succeed
- Hard working and willing to go the extra mile to deliver their project
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.