Up to £400 per day
29 days ago
Technical Project Manager
6 month initial contract
My client, a Financial Organisation, are searching for a Technical Project Manager. The client is currently migrating from an owned data centre to a third party supplied data centre. Hosting and Connectivity solution customers will need to be moved to the new site and the Project Manager will form part of a team required to support customer communication, migration, testing and decom activities for a section of these services.
Job role will include things such as;
- Project manage the migration process and implementation of Connectivity customers on to the new data centre connectivity platform
- Own and maintain a Project Plan that tracks Communication, Migration and Decommission Progress
- Manage, lead and own customer relationships and communicate effectively with both IT and business stakeholders, with a strong external customer first focus.
- Manage, lead and own external customer and internal expectations against defined project timelines and budgets
- Own, document, and report on the progress of all key project deliverables across the team
- Understand and communicate technical requirements / documentation for migration planning to customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience/skills in the following;
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills
- External customer-facing experience, familiarity working with stakeholders holding sales responsibilities
- Experience in implementing network solutions or projects
- Experience of using MS office excel, Projects, PowerPoint, word and Visio skills
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the following technologies: OSI Model, IP Networks, Datacentre infrastructure, Customer Leased-Line Products (Telco circuits and Cross connects), Carrier Challenges & Ways of Working, VPN Technologies & Security Parameters
- Experience of working within a Data Centre environment or tasking Data Centre resources remotely, remote management, matrix management, resource forecasting
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.