Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Technical Writer / Technical Author - Software / Hardware
Oscar Technology are partnered with one of our long standing clients, supporting their search for a Technical Writer / Technical Author. The role would be producing technical documentation for developers plus installation, maintenance and user guides for clients.
The company are a major software & hardware company, with this role working as a part of a small co-located team.
The role will produce user friendly technical documentation, in line with marketing & branding guidelines and you'll work closely with cross-functional technical teams plus product managers to ensure documentation is accurate and aligns with how their products function
Previous experience required
- Previous experience in a Technical Author or Technical Writer position.
- Experience of producing documentation for software and / or hardware products.
- Experience of working with technical authoring platforms - they use MadCap Flare but anything similar would work.
- Excellent copywriting skills, particularly around attention to detail.
- Bi-lingual skills in German would be a huge advantage but not essential.
The role is able to offer a hybrid working model longer term with regular Work From Home. Ideally, the successful candidate will live close enough to Sheffield to be able to go into the office 1-2 times a week.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.