East Riding of Yorkshire, England
£30000 - £45000 per annum + additional benefits
about 1 month ago
Hybrid (2 days in Leeds office)
Up to £45,000
A brand-new position at one of the largest software houses in the UK has just opened!
Who they are?
This company's expertise lies in the educational, social services and medical sectors. They produce high quality software of all varieties to market leaders in those 3 essential industries. They are in fact one of the biggest software suppliers to NHS England, demonstrating that the work you'll be doing will have a positive impact on those around you. Practitioners are directly involved in the design and development of all their solutions. Many of our team are qualified social workers from Adults' and Children's services or have previously worked in the sectors that we serve. This enables them to offer the highest level of service to their clients and customers all across the UK
What role will you be playing?
- Execution of test scripts, recording outcome of tests, escalation of defects and identified opportunities for product improvement.
- Hands on testing of all functional modules of the Social Care or Education System.
- Liaising with other software testers and implementation staff to facilitate the testing of all their software.
- Working closely with members of the development team in order to provide test feedback.
- Involvement with the creation and maintenance of suitable test environments within the offices for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and test data.
- Creation and maintenance of test scripts and other documentation in keeping with existing and new practices within the QA team
The skills needed
- Experience of testing commercial applications within a busy team atmosphere.
- Good understanding of software testing techniques and test processes.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing.
- Experience of diagnosing, reporting, tracking, and resolving quality issues.
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise day to day workload.
- Ability to understand software specification/requirements and to interpret acceptance criteria and derive tests accordingly.
Well, what's in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme (auto enrolment with Royal London - 4% employer contribution)
- Private Healthcare Corporate scheme with Vitality Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art offices
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bike storage
This client is looking to bring in 3 strong manual testers so there will be a lot of competition for the role. Please only apply if you are happy to come in Leeds 2 days per week.
Test Analyst - Hybrid (2 days in Leeds office) - Up to £45,000
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.