Leeds, West Yorkshire
£50000 - £90000 per annum + additional benefits
about 1 month ago
Test Automation Engineer- Leeds - Up to £90,000 + Remote and flexible working.
Would you like to help grow a fledgling engineering organisation? Perhaps you know what great engineering culture looks like, or you have an entrepreneurial side as well as outstanding coding skills? Whatever your aspirations, we're trying to create the best engineering consultancy in the UK and looking for brilliant engineers to be part of the journey.
This team helps organisations solve their biggest, most exciting engineering problems. We've created banks from scratch on Kubernetes and AWS, built streaming analytics solutions that protect the country and built platforms to enable whole organisations to move to AWS and Azure, and everything in between. They do all this in a work environment where regular social events, inclusivity and an ego-free culture mean They've been officially voted a "Great Place to Work" for five years in a row.
The team are not interested in cutting corners and believe in helping their clients to make the right choice for the long-term. They draw on their reputation for outstanding delivery to allow the engineers to do the right thing for their clients, and not necessarily the easy thing. Innovation is in this teams DNA, and they encourage their engineers and consultants to work together to rethink conventional wisdom on how problems should be solved.
Here's what you will do
The test automation engineers are a key part of all their customer and data product engineering teams, and work closely with the rest of the team to apply automation to ensure high quality software can be released continuously. As part of that you'll typically be expected to:
- Take ownership of developing our test automation practices, and acting as a subject matter expert in the team for tests and test infrastructure
- Write reusable and extensible automated tests which can evolve with the product and enable continuous delivery to production through CI/CD
- Use your knowledge to help the product development team build automated processes that will ensure our end users experience a high-quality, usable, secure, and reliable product
- Communicate what, how, and why of our test strategy for ensuring quality to your team
- Design and build prototypes and experiments that can validate and improve our system architecture and eliminate gaps in our test approach
- Work with your team to continually improve their automated test practices
This is a permanent role within our Technology function. They consider flexible ways of working, that allow the best outcomes for our people and clients. Working closely with our clients is key to successful outcomes, and so travel both UK is a requirement.
As an Engineer you will spend roughly 80% of your time on client work, solving interesting problems, with the remainder of your time spent working on internal projects and I.P. as well as training and development.
Who you are?
- Experience developing UI tests for web experiences, mobile apps or both
- Experienced in creating test automation frameworks from scratch and writing automated tests using one or more of Cypress, Selenium, WebDriverIO, JMeter, Cucumber and Gherkin
- Experienced in working on API testing using tools such as Postman and SOAPUI to name a couple
- Experience in using git and common CI/CD toolsets
- Awareness of consumer-driven contract testing
- Experience working within an agile, iterative engineering environment
- Willing to work collaboratively
- Have a drive for self-improvement and learning new technologies
- Approach solving problems pragmatically
This is what you get in return
Along with a great company culture, The team provides an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan.
From the team:
'Our consistent growth over the years and entrepreneurial environment, provides an excellent platform to embark upon an exciting career path, where your contribution really counts, and we will recognise it. With personalised development opportunities, experienced colleagues around the globe and exciting client assignments, progression can be extremely rapid for high performers. We are a social bunch of people and connect as a team on a regular basis.'
You can also expect:
- A highly collaborative working environment and great rates of pay (including base salary and bonus potential).
- A range of flexible benefits consisting of well-being and lifestyle benefits.
- A commitment to your development & continuous growth of skills through one-to-one mentoring and wide-ranging hands-on experience.
- 25 days' holiday and the ability to flex this to 30 days if you chose to do so.
- 2 day's CSR volunteering days.
- Award-winning learning and development opportunities, including dedicated time and a wide range of choice in training courses.
- Choice of brand new tech with personal budget to choose IT accessories & handset of your choice.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.