£35000 - £45000 per annum + Additional Benefits
about 1 month ago
TEST ENGINEER - Liverpool - £35,000 - £45,000 - E-learning experience.
This successful SME within the Education Sector has revolutionised the way that children learn for the past 3 years and have backing by some of the UK;s leading investors; they now have an exciting journey ahead of them to continue to innovate the market. This is an exciting opportunity to carve out a unique role in a rapidly growing company and create something to be truly proud of.
About the role
Working within project teams using agile practices, Test Engineer is responsible for the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the tests for all E-learning functionalities and will help to define test strategies within projects and across the function. They are also expected to assist the project team with other tasks required to achieve goals and contribute to the continuous improvement.
you'll be joining a revolutionary e-learning platform based out of Liverpool. As The Test Engineer you will need to be able to coordinate tests for several projects simultaneously
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant subject and/or commercial experience in a E-learning enviroment. They will have knowledge and experience of developing new and existing automated and manual test suites using tools and languages such as selenium and java, as well as experience of manual and non-functional testing. They will be capable of leading testing on an agile project and contributing to testing decisions at a function level, so the ideal candidate will require a high level of technical skills and a high level of soft skills such as communication, influencing and coaching.
What do they offer?
This teams collaborative approach to make sure that their platform is providing their customer base with the best possible is the reason they are so successful and their employees love working here! In return this team are offering a competitive salary depending on skills and relevant experience. Providing s a generous pension scheme together with 25 days personal holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- understanding of E-learning platforms
- Understanding and experience with E-learning functions
- Knowledge of writing and executing automated tests
- Knowledge of manual testing including exploratory testing
- Knowledge of non-functional testing
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, ideally Scrum
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as java
- Adaptable to change. Helps to instigate change. Helps to mentor others through change
- Utilises conceptual, creative and analytical thinking skills
- Able to work responsibly, prioritising and organising work without close supervision to achieve goals
- Able to understand E-learning platforms and the functions behind this
- Able to adapt and learn quickly and apply gained knowledge and experience to adapt and enhance processes and procedures
- Able to analyse problems and devise effective solutions
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to lead by example and demonstrate the key values of commitment, focus, openness, respect and courage
- Experience of testing software in a E-learning organisation
- Experience of software testing utilising tools and frameworks such as: Selenium, cucumber gherkin, BDD
- Experience of working in agile teams (Scrum)
- Experience of non-functional testing
- Experience of testing in a collaborative environment
TEST ENGINEER - Liverpool - £35,000 - £45,000 - E-learning experience
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.