£550 - £551 per day
JML TRANS WO_1656940590
about 1 month ago
Transformation Workstream Lead
OUTSIDE OF IR35
REMOTE (Very occasional travel to the South West)
Programme: 5-year organisation wide transformation programme. Transitioning from legacy to cloud based digital solutions. Transforming all digital services over a 5 year period, Azure based architecture.
Role Description: Leading the data workstream within a large-scale transformation programme you will be responsible for leading a large team of around 40 individuals comprised of both internal and external suppliers.
There are 4 teams / squads focusing on different areas such as Data Architecture and Modelling, Building of Data Stores, APIs and Data Access Layer Services, Data Governance Tooling and Capability and Data Migration.
- Leading a large team of technical and delivery professionals, ensuring that they are organised in the right way to optimise delivery, applying a mix of agile and traditional project delivery techniques.
- Continually identifying opportunities for improvement in how the teams function and operate and implementing these improvements.
- Working with the teams to continually identify blockers and impediments and removing these to ensure the teams can continue to deliver at pace
- Ensuring teams are applying best practice tools and techniques that are fit for purpose given each teams delivery context and scope
- Continually maintaining plans and schedules for delivery, identifying deviations and working to resolve these with the teams and senior stakeholders
- Actively managing risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions at all levels
- Writing progress reports and presenting at governance forums and boards
- Translating technical progress at a lower level to high level progress and ensuring stakeholders are clear on plans and progress against plans
- Managing a complex network of stakeholders both inside the programme and outside.
- Ensuring that each workstream deliverable has clear assurance plans, review and approval criteria and managing the approvals process through appropriate governance forums
- Managing commercial agreements and statements of work to ensure that suppliers are progressing to agreed plans, milestones and definition of done
- Agreeing payments to suppliers with commercial teams based on progress against agreed milestones
- Significant experience of project delivery in complex environments with experience of both agile and traditional delivery approaches
- Experience of working within transformation programmes in the public sector
- Experience of mobilising project and delivery teams from scratch, designing delivery approaches utilising the best tools appropriate for the delivery context
- Experience of reviewing projects in flight, identifying improvements and implementing improvements to streamline and improve delivery effectiveness
- Able to take technical concepts and explain them to non-technical resources
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills, experience of presenting complex or contentious issues to senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing third party suppliers in a project environment
- Qualifications in both agile and transitional project delivery
- Experience of managing multiple squads / teams
- Experience of working in a scaled agile environment
- Experience of meshing agile delivery within traditional governance structures
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.