Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £35000 per annum
17 days ago
We're looking for a web developer to join our team. We have recently won a number of client projects and are looking for an extra pair of dev hands to help the workflow and ease the project list.
The company is an agency that works on different projects, which include building websites and apps for it's clients. The company also works with various international companies and a background in agency working would be desirable.
- Tailwind CSS - We're looking primarily for a developer that has used Tailwind CSS before or is comfortable using utility first frameworks. We use this framework for faster development, and you will need to work with our coding rules and best practices. This means you must know HTML and know this in-depth.
- Other Tech/Languages - Our core framework relies on vanilla JS and requires knowledge of AlpineJS for speed. As well, we'd be looking for a developer that's comfortable using webpack/gulp, git and node/npm.
- Accessible Code - It's vital that the code is accessible and accessibility rules are considered when developing. E.g. Using aria parameters, focus states and image alt tags as a fundamental example.
- Communication - Because the position is potentially going to be remote, communication over Slack and Email (And updates on Trello/Monday) will be vital to keeping the team up to date with progress on projects.
- Time Management Skills - It's essential that you show exceptional self-time management skills. At MadeByShape, all of our team members self manage their own time when given a deadline. So knowing how to split up deadlines into smaller chunks and know which ones are priority is more on the developer than a project manager.
- Attention to Details - We like pixel-perfect designs and colours being correct, so attention to detail when developing is a must. Developers are responsible for their quality assurance and testing their work
- Craft CMS, Twig, PHP, MySQL etc. - We work primarily with Craft CMS, so knowledge and experience using this CMS is required. If not, you need to have worked with Wordpress (or similar) and be able to send us some self-initiated projects you've built in Craft CMS.
- VueJS - Although the projects required for the short term won't likely use VueJS, an understanding of VueJS and frameworks like Nuxt and Gridsome would be great to understand if taken on for a full-time role or further shorter contracts
- Shopify - Knowledge of customising themes in Shopify would be a nice bonus. Willing to learn this is mandatory.
Benefits of working for the company :
- Minimum 2 week holiday at Christmas
- Work from home (or the studio)
- Training & Development
- Option to bring your pet to the studio
- Mobile Phone (After 1 Year)
- Spotify Subscription
- Flexible hours
- Macbook Pro
- Early Friday Finish
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Performance related bonuses
- Potential to earn commission
About the position
- Code websites from a Figma design that will be provided with the appropriate assets.
- Provide time estimates to project managers to allow us to keep clients up to date with progress.
- Although there will be other developers on the team here to help, understanding how to solve your coding issues on your own will be required.
- Join in on zoom calls to discuss the projects.
We're open to working with developers in any location but would prefer if your regular work hours overlapped ours in the UK (GMT+1) for any zoom meetings. If you're based in Manchester, UK, you will have the ability to work in our studio if you wish to do so.
If you are a passionate and career-driven Web Developer, then this could be the right career move for you.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.