Nova Scotia, Canada
CA$30 - CA$50 per hour
2 months ago
Candidates must possess a minimum of 4-6 years experience working as a blade inspection and repair technician for wind energy operations and a minimum of 2 years supervising other technicians to ensure they work safely.
Responsibilities The Wind Turbine Blade Technician is responsible for safety management, work site organization and planning, and the supervision of other technicians performing a variety of work while working from heights.
Wind Turbine Technicians utilize specialized knowledge to manage, oversee and conduct commissioning, testing, repair and maintenance on wind blades, work at heights in excess of 300 feet and in confined spaces to complete inspections and complete detailed inspections reports.
- Minimum 4-6 years of blade inspection and repair work
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising other technicians
- Experience in grinding, buffing and preparing surfaces for repair
- Experience with onshore and offshore wind
- Minimum high school diploma, preference provided to technical wind certification or diploma
- Preference will be given to candidates experienced with a wide variety of turbine platforms and blade types
- Lockout/Tagout, Fall Protection, Confined Space, and CPR certifications are an asset.
- A valid drivers' license is required
- IRATA or SPRAT Certification, GWO Certification would be an asset
- Flexibility to work overtime and rotating shifts as required
- Dexterity to traverse rough/slippery terrain on heavy construction sites
- Physical and emotional capability to ascend to considerable heights (100m/330ft) by vertical ladder, suspended platform, boom truck, lifts or utilizing rope access technology, multiple times per day, while carrying up to 15kgs/30lbs of additional weight.
- Physical capability to bend, kneel, climb and squat with full range of motion and for prolonged periods of time.
- Capability to lift up to 25kgs/50lbs unassisted (on occasion up to 35kgs/75lbs)
- Familiarity and comfort in the operation of mechanized hand tools
- A thorough understanding of applicable rope access applications, and comprehensive knowledge of theory, equipment and rigging, manoeuvres, climbing and hauling and advanced rescue techniques
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse team
- Ability to work productively in a variety of adverse conditions
- Physical and psychological fitness, with the ability to successfully submit to drug and alcohol testing on a random schedule.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.