Manchester, Greater Manchester
£150 - £250 per day
17 days ago
Role: Second Line Support Engineer
Day rate: £150 - £250 OUTSIDE IR35
Duration: 3 Months
Work pattern: Hybrid
- Experienced in helpdesk, desktop or server support or administration
- Managing user accounts in Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Creating and building image for desktop/laptop deployment (MDT)
- Ability to produce business standard documentation related to implementation, testing and self-help guides
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008/20012 and Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Experience of providing customer service over telephone / email / in person
- Managing backup schedules
- Port patching for laptops, desktops, printers and telephones
- Identify operational problems and contribute to their resolution, providing appropriate information to specialists, users and managers.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature (such as data backups).
- Communicate effectively with customers in order to provide high quality customer service, including technical advice and guidance where appropriate.
- Install or remove hardware and/or software and any associated requirements working to agreed Service Levels.
- Create and maintain end user device images. Deployment where required.
- Maintain anti-virus software on end user devices.
- Take ownership of IT support at non Head Office locations, providing proactive as well as reactive assistance.
- Maintain user accounts in Active Directory, MS Exchange and other systems.
- Undertake small to medium sized IT projects
- Provide assistance to 3rd line engineers and the Project Management Office to develop and implement changes to the server and desktop infrastructure.
Interviews are commencing Monday/Tuesday next week
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.