£600 - £601 per day
23 days ago
Global financial services company is looking for a Senior ACI Engineer.
You will be responsible for the delivery of ACI Reference Architecture and Design
projects for the global network software defined fabric and services infrastructure. You will support and implement network engineering projects globally.
- Provide design, engineering and implementation plans/documentation for Enterprise networks and Data Centre architectures. Design and engineer networks based off business and technical requirements
- Additional responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data networks
- Design and implement legacy layer2/3 design and datacentre migrations to Clos L2/L3, QFabric, vPC and/or Fabric path and IPv4 to IPv6 migrations.
- Design and implement unified computing, storage networking and unified I/O. Ensure VM mobility and scalability is within design.
- Whiteboard and collaborate SDN options and associated pros and cons. Discuss TCO and overall physical and software network readiness. Articulate virtual DC, Virtual SAN and how interoperability with cloud infrastructure is possible
- Engineer High-Availability from VRRP and virtual chassis, implement protocols from OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, GRE, NAT, VRF/Routing Instances and work with layer 2 best practices from a Data Centre perspective using vPC, Fabric Patch and VPLS/OTV, Multi-hop FCOE, and FCIP
- Creates technical deliverables including network assessments, capacity planning, detailed design documents, implementation plans, configurations, and change orders.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting networks
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- CCNP Route/Switch is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience of core routing, switching and security design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- The candidate must be able to articulate the following networking elements:
- Spanning-Tree, VTP, Port Channels, Virtual Port Channels, VSS
- IS-IS, OSPF, BGP (including MPBGP-VPNv4, VRF-Lite)
- QoS, DNS, DHCP, Virtualization, IPSec VPN, SSL VPN
- Extensive network troubleshooting experience including the ability to use debugs and packet captures to accurately diagnose problems
- Configuration and design experience with:
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching
- Cisco ACI o Cisco SDA
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision
- Team oriented, able to provide and be open to receiving constructive feedback
- Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
Additional desired Skills:
- Programming with Python, Ansible, PERL
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.