Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£550 - £551 per day
2 months ago
My Client, a Financial Organisation is looking for a Cloud Security Analyst for an initial 6 months contract.
This role is located in Sheffield and needs someone to go into the office 2 days a week
The role is paying £550 P/D and is INSIDE IR35
- Developing, managing and maintaining intelligence and risk led threat detection capabilities across the entire banks Cloud hosted technology and information estate to quickly detect and respond to harmful behaviors and events in coordination with the Cybersecurity Incident Management and Response Team, effectively containing, mitigating and remediating more serious incidents.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new detections (Use cases) and mitigations (Playbooks) across the Cloud focussed security platforms and prioritising the use automation and orchestration opportunities.
- Excellent investigative skills, insatiable curiosity and an innate drive to win.
- Instinctive and creative, with an ability to think like the adversary.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- Developed external peer network for sharing intelligence
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt and efficient service to the business.
- An understanding of organisational mission, values and goals and consistent application of this knowledge.
- Highest ethical standards and values.
- Experience defining and refining operational procedures, workflows and processes to support the team in consistent, quality execution of monitoring and detection.
- Good understanding of cyber security principles, global financial services business models, regional compliance regulations and laws.
- Good understanding and knowledge of common industry cyber security frameworks, standards and methodologies, including; OWASP, MITRE ATT&CK, ISO2700x series, PCI DSS, GLBA, EU data security and privacy acts, FFIEC guidelines, CIS and NIST standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports for targeted audiences across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English, in addition to your local language.
- Technical expertise in analysing threat event data, evaluating malicious activity, documenting unusual files and data and identifying tactics, techniques and procedures used by attackers.
- Expert level knowledge and demonstrated experience in analysis and dissection of advanced attacker tactics, techniques and procedures in order to inform adjustments to the control plane.
- Expert level of knowledge and demonstrated experience of common log management suites, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools for the collection and real-time analysis of security information.
- Expert level knowledge of Splunk and specifically writing spl queries.
- Expert level knowledge of one of more leading Cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba Cloud.
- Expert level knowledge of security event logging, monitoring, detection and response on one or more of the leading Cloud platforms using tools and native capabilities such as AWS GuardDuty, Azure Sentinel, Google Security Command Center and Alibaba Cloud Security Center. Experience in writing KQL queries would be advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience of common cybersecurity technologies such as; IDS / IPS / HIPS, EDR, Advanced Anti- malware prevention and analysis, Firewalls, Proxies, WAF, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of common operating systems and platforms to include Windows, Linux, UNIX, Citrix, GSX Server, iOS, OSX, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IP, HTTP, etc. and network protocol analysis suites.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in common cybersecurity incident response and forensic investigation tools such as: EnCase, BlackLight, Kali Linux, IDA Pro, etc.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience in incident response tools, techniques and process for effective threat containment, mitigation and remediation.
- Functional knowledge of scripting, programming and/or development of bespoke tooling or solutions to solve unique problems.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.