£18000 - £21000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you a Junior or graduate doftware tester ?
This company is looking for a Junior Test Analyst to drive their career forward in collaboration with the practices and processes within the team.
The Junior Test Analyst will be required to work within the Commercial Technology Test Team and will be required to work within Agile teams driving best test practice in line with departmental standards. The Junior Test Analyst will strive to champion quality across the department and will play a part in shaping our processes and delivering our Agile transformation.
Work with an Agile test environment
functional, non-functional, integration and performance testing of applications, databases and infrastructure
Assist with the provision of time and effort estimates for testing activities during a sprint
Contribute and take part in 3 Amigo sessions
Looks to utilise testing knowledge to help assess, advise and implement the best test approach for a particular set of acceptance criteria
Defect management using JIRA / Zephyr / Confluence
Pair with developers and championing the use of collaborative ways of working
Involved in the investigation and resolution of live issues in conjunction with our support teams
Look to contribute to Agile ceremonies, including Spring planning, Retrospectives and Stand ups
- Skills - Familiar with general IT related competencies (infrastructure or applications). Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
- Analytical Thinking - Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Strategic Perspective - Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
- Stress Handling - Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
- Applying standards - Good in application of relevant company, industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
- Experience of Agile Testing Methodologies with the ability to deliver testing solutions within Sprints
- Ability to contribute to 3 Amigo Sessions
- Able to estimate User Stories and provide rationale behind the estimate
- 1 year's working knowledge of SQL Server including testing data flows through systems, transformation, data reconciliation and data interrogation across the whole stack.
- Knowledge, and experience of testing ETL, SSRS, SSIS, Cubes and stored procedures
- Experienced in the testing BI and Data Warehouse development
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- UAT testing (internal and external customers)
- Ability to work well on own or as part of an Agile team
- A proactive self-starter, willing to drive issues to resolution with appropriate persistence and persuasiveness.
- ISTQB qualified, or prepared to gain qualification
- Knowledge and experience of Visual Studio, JIRA / Zephyr, Confluence, BitBucket, TeamCity
- An Understanding of object models and workflow, configuration management tools, and .NET development environments would be a plus.
- A desire through training and/or experience to be an integral part of the push towards greater levels of automation within the team.
- UI testing experience
- API testing using tools such as SoapUI / PostMan
Flexible working hours
Genrous starting salary
Full training programme
Free events and conferences
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.