Amsterdam, North Holland
€80000 - €100000 per annum + + Bonus
30 days ago
Our client is a leading global market maker using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues worldwide. With offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney, they provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A SECURITY ENGINEER
We are looking for an (aspiring) all-around Security professional with a strong technical ability. Focus will be on "defensive" security operations and automation but you will also possess a keen understanding of the regulatory compliance and IT risk aspects of the field.
As a member of the Security team you have the opportunity to contribute and learn across the full security stack.
By staying informed and proactively researching the latest threats and detection opportunities you stay ahead of the curve and suggest improvements to the existing security architecture. Your role involves a wide variety of tasks including:
* Support and improvement of key process controls including identity and access management, threat and vulnerability management, incident management and response and third-party risk management
* Automate processes and procedures to mature the security infrastructure across systems, networks and cloud environments (interfacing with APIs using languages such as Powershell, Bash, Python or Go)
* Implement and make recommendations based on threat assessments at the network, server, and endpoint levels.
* Analyse incidents and troubleshoot the security stack prioritizing on a risk-based approach to security.
* Analyse data sets and produce reports using a variety of tools (e.g. Regex, SQL, Python)
* Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* The ability to make frequent context switches within the security discipline
* Comfortable using at least one platform-neutral scripting language such as Python for automation tasks.
* Comfortable using the Linux shell and able to understand the security properties of Windows and MacOS systems
* Familiarity troubleshooting network issues
* Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and IP networks
* Understand principles around secure Identity Management and Authentication
* Passionate about high-quality of work and continuous improvement
Technical competency is a key ingredient to success in this role, but the ability to collaborate across disciplines and advise your colleagues in other teams in order to influence proper security behaviours and create a strong internal security culture will be advantages.
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.