Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum
27 days ago
Senior / Lead Product Owner - B2C / SaaS
Oscar Technology are working with a long-standing client, helping their search for a new Senior Product Owner that has experience of mentoring Product Owners, that is now looking to make a step-up into a Lead role.
They are pivoting their business model to become a pure-play tech firm that are product-led, white labelling their software products so that they can sell modularised versions to other companies in differing sectors.
This Senior Product Owner role will not only look after the roadmaps for their core platform(s) but also have an element of partnering with their clients Commercial teams reacting to new requests from clients, leading the prototyping of new products and driving MVP's of new products.
This role will not only be a key part of shaping their product strategies, but also line managing other Product Owners. Over the next 18-24 months, the plan is for our client to have matured their product portfolios to point where they can promote more people within the business into PO roles. As such, there is a roadmap in place for this position to be elevated into a Head of Product role.
The company have recently appointed new leaders in Product & Delivery to drive a cultural shift towards being product-led, and as part of this, they are aiming to create an environment where Product Owners & Engineers are able to experiment, improve things, but are able to fail fast and move on.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Experienced in user story writing & refinement
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills - being able to communicate at the right level of detail based on audience, and translate business needs into tangible tech requirements (and vice-versa)
- Ability to tell a story, bring the product's goals & vision to life and motivate the development team
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in running large workshop-style sessions
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- An appreciation for technology and high-level solution design
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of agile/scrum methodologies and test & learn practices
- Adaptable and able to embrace change
- Driven, disciplined and tenacious in nature
- Use of work item management tool (e.g. Jira)
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.