£18001 - £450000 per annum + Additional Benefits
6 months ago
The Test Engineer is a new and exciting role within our IT function and is going to be a key role in supporting our upcoming projects!
Typical duties will include -
- Develop manual and automated test cases and test scripts needed to meet the testing of business requirements
- Creating test plans using standard test design techniques according to the best practices
- Generate test data to support the requirements and test cases for various test phases
- Execute test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including system integration, regression and performance testing
- Manual and Automation testing of IT Systems and Applications
- Automation Regression testing using appropriate tools and processes
- Defect management and ensuring all defects found are raised in the testing tool in the agreed format and follow-up on any reported issues
- Driving quality deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data.
- Be a team player.
- Contribute ideas to the team
- Demonstrated professional experience in Testing & QA.
- A proven track record in IT system and infrastructure testing and ideally experience working in data engineering or business intelligence functions
- Ideally experienced in integration tools such as Mulesoft, API testing, Restful, SOAP
- Must have experience of working with testing tools and testing software.
- Experience of both traditional testing methodologies and testing within an Agile or waterfall environment.
- Experience of writing test specifications and working from requirements
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrative stakeholder management, with the ability to influence and push back with key stakeholder.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to translate technical terms when working closely with end users.
- ISTQB Certification would be advantageous
- Technical Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent would be advantageous
What we offer
Competetive starting salary
Work place social
Free Coffee and Fresh Fruit
Generous Holiday allowance
Health care plan
Personaised progress plan - tailored to you.
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.