Leeds, West Yorkshire
£60000 - £65000 per annum
17 days ago
Solutions Architect / Leeds / £65,000 / 4 days remote working
I am delighted to have partnered with a leading Software Company who are looking to add a Solutions Architect to their ranks.
The role, the tech stack and you
The core technology stack will be AWS, using Java for developing a loosely-coupled, micro-service architecture. You will be looking after the back-end aspects of the solution across the project and also responsible for the day-to-day technical direction and supervision of technical teams and building up their capabilities in the chosen technologies.
The right person loves learning new technology and is a programming guru, who understands AWS, it's ecosystem (EC2, DynamoDB, SQS, etc) and user interface technologies. Along with proven delivery experience you will understand the importance of a DevOps culture.
Essential skills / background
- Amazon Web Services - AWS (a certified Associate/Professional Solution Architect would be a very nice-to-have)
- Server-side API design and development for mobile devices
- Practical experience delivering micro-service-based architectures
- Automated unit and automated functional testing
- Proven experience of providing day-to-day hands-on technical leadership
- Capable and willing to learn new technology
- Worked within agile / scrum environments
These are nice to haves, if you've got them fantastic, if not we'd still like to talk to you, as long as you have the essential skills.
- TDD or BDD
- Demonstrable experience of DevOps tooling, one or more of - AWS Opworks, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins
- Container technologies - Docker, Kubernetes
- Working as part of a larger team, leading, directing, troubleshooting the technical work of their squad
- Providing day to day technical guidance
- Review and supervision of the work done by their squad
- Understands AWS and user interface technologies
- Proven delivery experience
- Strong understanding of the importance of a DevOps culture
- Be able to demonstrate a strong track record of successful, high quality technical deliveries and have proven experience at scale
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to deliver the user stories agreed as part of the sprint goal
25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), Bonus Scheme (up to 20%), Competitive Pension Contribution
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.