Up to £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
SQL DBA- Blackpool - Up to £40,000
Are you looking for a great opportunity to kick start the New Year?
Working as a SQL DBA in a multi-skilled team will help to support the company and its customers with the technology it provides and uses. This department is accountable for the profit and loss of the business, ensuring there is a maximum return on investment for the shareholders and customers. You will be a key member of a team that deals with data solutions and ultimately responsible for the success of the business.
For this positon there is very little call out and no on call rota. If there is an emergency and any overtime is required it can be 1.5 time or 2 x time or annual leave in lieu dependant on when and what you want.
- Reporting using SSRS and other MI\BI Tools
- Qualifying Database issues to resolution and escalating issues where required
- Ensuring availability and performance of the client databases.
- Responsible for problem escalation to personnel or to Microsoft via the creation of appropriate SR management.
- To monitor the database systems to ensure secure services
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to clients to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include planning and communication of rollout and upgrades.
- Any other general administrative duties as and when required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Report writing/querying using SQL, SSRS, T-SQL
- Performance tuning experience
- SQL Server 2014 / 2016
- Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
- Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
- Database Design experience
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
If you believe you can make a success of this role then and are looking for a new challenge this is for you! This is a great opportunity and interviews will be held in the New Year.
SQL DBA- Blackpool- Up to £40,000
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.