Up to £550 per day
JML SYS E_1667217036
about 1 month ago
My client, within Financial Services, are looking for Systems Computer Engineer for an initial 6 month contract.
The role is INSIDE of IR35 and FULLY REMOTE.
This position is paying £550 P/D
- Maintain a stable and reliable Hardware and windows production environment
- Install, fix, and upgrade issues in different operating systems, such as Windows, or Linux, while also improving performance and reliability
- Work with vendors to fix issues related to servers
- Install, upgrade, maintain and support Server infrastructure
- Raising of change orders and working with end customers, other departments and environments for approvals and scheduling
- Handle system upgrades and migrations, in accordance with latest technology trends
- Collaboration with other departments within Infra area to get work done i.e. coordination with floor management, stores, OS, network and storage teams
- Contribute to document and review standards and operational procedure
- 10+ years' experience as a Data Center technician or in a similar role
- Extensive experience of x86 Hardware and associated components (DELL, Lenovo, HPE, Intel)
- Knowledge of Windows Server and / or RHEL operating system environments
- Knowledge of VMware ESX, vCenter, vROPS and vRA suite
- Good Knowledge of ticketing tools i.e. Service Now and DCIM tools like Nlyte
- Expert Knowledge on Windows and Linux server installs and troubleshooting
- Experience in Physical installation of server hardware and cabling of servers
- Able to do the manual work like lifting weights of up to 25 pounds walking short distances
- ITIL change and incident management knowledge
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.