Leeds, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Additional Benefits
21 days ago
Test Analyst - up to £40,000 DOE
*Must be able to go to the office in Leeds, twice a week*
It's time for you to begin your journey at this ethical company who specialise in delivering core banking and consumer focussed digital banking solutions to Building Societies specialist banks and other specialist lenders.
They have recently developed an exciting new strategy to transform and grow the business and disrupt the market it serves by creating a Digital Platform / Ecosystem.
Who we are looking for
This role will require the candidate to be able to divide their time between the manual testing of their applications and implementing process improvements across the STLC
The successful candidate will have a strong passion for testing and the ability to share that knowledge throughout the team. A key success for this role is the distribution of knowledge.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop a working knowledge of all work streams
- Implement and execute the Test Strategy and create Test Plans for all workstreams
- Mentoring other QA team members on how to write testcases
- Ensure test risks and issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved
- Review defects raised across the streams to ensure consistency in quality
- Ensure delivery of high-quality software products
- Assist in the creation of QA specific KPIs
- Produce meaningful reports and highlight options to improve
- Provide guidance and coaching to testers
What do we require from the successful candidate?
The ideal candidate will be working in a similar role already and have a passion for testing and implementing change. The candidate should have a strong knowledge of the STLC but also possess the ability to understand how it can be implemented within the company. The candidate will be keen to grow and develop in the role whilst disseminating knowledge they have or learn to our team and throughout the business.
- Defect management/tracking to completion
- IT QA Testing experience.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply formal testing methodology
- Strong leadership skills, displaying the ability to communicate clearly and effectively within a team.
- Perform QA testing across multiple platforms
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain clear test plans and functional test cases and other test items such as test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Raise and monitor defects appropriately
- Work effectively with all IT, business and third party stakeholders as required
- Ability to use SQL to query databases.
- Annual Salary Review
- Certified Training
- Company Holidays
- Games Room
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Referral Scheme (Recruitment)
- Ten Year Service Award Scheme
**Interviews happening immediately, do not miss out**
Test Analyst - up to £40,000 DOE
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.