Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £35000 per annum
5 days ago
3rd Line Support Engineer
£30,000-£35000 + Company Benefits Package (see below)
An industry leading E-Learning provider, with its Head office in Birmingham, is expanding its company and its support team.
My client prides itself on helping people access education, no matter who or where you are. My client has helped thousands of people develop personally and professionally and has hundreds of different courses on offer.
If you believe in the power of education and want to help people all over the UK and the world grow personally and professionally, then my client wants you.
Main responsibilities as a 3rd Line Support Engineer;
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To consult on infrastructure problems and provide suitable networking solutions
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation. Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve and hardware or software problems
- To resolve all IT issues with a professional manner and allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
- Excellent Microsoft Server Operating System knowledge (2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019)
- Excellent Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems knowledge (7, 8 and 10)
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure, Amazon AWS)
- Experience of Virtualization solutions (Hyper-V and VMware)
- VoIP Telephony solutions experience (3CX ideally)
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 core products & migration
- Experience of Backup technologies (Veeam ideally)
- Experience of Firewalls and general Networking (FortiGate ideally)
- Experience of Remote Monitoring and Management Systems (RMM)
- Excellent command for written and spoken English
- Proven track record incustomer service
- High level of attention to detail
Be rewarded for how much experience you have with a very competitive salary that doesn't stay stagnant, but increases as you grow with the business. Some of the benefits that this company in Birmingham is offering the successful applicant include:
- Working from home to be there for your family (or dog?). However for now working from home is mandatory full time.
- Flexi work hours to accommodate child care, school kids
- Free fruit on Mondays and Fridays!
- A career path that you set out from day 1
- Social events, summer parties, Christmas parties
- 30 days holiday
- Your birthday off work
- A culture that is staff-orientated
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.